[ale] make modules

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Dec 5 12:42:02 EST 2001

<please actually observe the Reply-To header this time, "dude">

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Steven A. DuChene wrote:

> > I wouldn't do that.  Red Hat's 2.4 kernel source actually works under load,
> > unlike the stuff on ftp.kernel.org.
> >

> Dude, I beg to differ. The following note dated yesterday is a direct quote from
> Alan Cox (who since he works for RedHat as one of their primary kernel developers
> should know):

And if you read linux-kernel longer, you'll find lots of other quotes from
Alan about how fragile official released 2.4 kernels are.  There's not a
single released 2.4 kernel, including 2.4.16, which passes Red Hat's stress
test (just a heavy Cerberus run).  That's why Alan did the whole -ac series
in the first place....

later,
chris

---