[ale] VPN and DNS

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Dec 5 07:23:54 EST 2001

I have the VPN running and a DNS server on skylab and mir. Mir servers
192.168.1.0 and skylabe 192.168.1.0.  Each DNS server caches and supports
one domain name.   We'll call it "linuxrulez.com".
I do not mind maintaining a DNS server at each site.  How can I tell named
at skylab.linuxrulez.com to check mir.linuxrulez.com if host.linuxrulez.com
is not in pz/linuxrulez.com.  host.linuxrules.com is 1.6 and not on the 2.0
subnet.   Is there a statment that I can put in the zone file that will tell
it to cotact another DNS server for a contnuation of linuzrulez.com.

Thanks,
Chris Fowler

---