[ale] make modules

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 5 02:18:50 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 02:02:19AM -0500, Cor van Dijk wrote:
> I am trying to compile a 2.4.2-2 kernel inside redhat7.1. Building (make
> bzImage) runs without a
> problem. But when I do "make modules" I get hundreds of lines with error
> messages.
> I have built many kernels over the years and occasionally have edited a
> source file when the built
> went wrong, but this is new!
> Anyone seen this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cor van Dijk.

I would advise starting with a known good kernel source from ftp.kernel.org
rather than the "slightly" unusual ones that get packaged with RedHat distros.
I have never had any problem building lots of different Linux or Alan kernel
sources on 7.1 systems. On the other hand I have never tried rebuilding from
RedHat altered sources.
Steven A. DuChene      linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com

        http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene/