[ale] Was Routing, Then VPN, Now Working

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Dec 3 10:32:00 EST 2001

So, I trust you clearly documented your correct process with the intent
on sharing your hard-gained knowledge :)?

As someone who has had to document a process that I created, it s a VERY
hard thing to do clearly. The familiarity of the developer with the work
tends to produce a poorly written HOW-TO. It is so easy to assume the
reader has knowledge that they don't really have.

But you are so right in one aspect. The code marches a lot faster the
docs do. That is going to be an ongoing problem due to the colaberative
development process of linux. Design documentation is rarely done on
OpenSource projects such that a user manual can be written from it.

But publish what you did!! We need it. ;)