[ale] Fwd: Re: [ale] OT: Massive unexplained Win98 suckage!

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 2 18:17:57 EST 2001

I've had this problem many times in windows.  The best way I've found to get
around it is to physically install the nic after windows has been installed.
So much for plug-and-play...  I might sound old fashioned, foolish, and maybe
even a little bit arrogant, but If someone doesn't know how to set a jumper
s/he probably shouldn't be in the back of a computer putting in cards.  On a
related note, why in the world does WIN2K insist on installing all my add in
cards on the same interrupt, then belly aches about it?  Doesn't even give me
the option to fix it.  Man I can't wait for some video editing apps to come
around for linux, it's my last reason for holding onto windows...

--
Signature?
No thank you...

---