[ale] OT: Massive unexplained Win98 suckage!

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 18:47:18 EST 2001

Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> Joe -
>
> Perhaps you should try putting the card in a different slot.  That
> affected me once.

Tried that already. No help.

> Also, make bloody sure that you've got the right
> driver.  Some Netgear cards of the same model number use different
> chipsets.

I'm using (trying to) the D-Link card at present. I'm gonna
try the Netgear card again in a minute. I'm 99% certain I
have the right driver (it's an FA-310TX, Tulip clone).

It just mystifies me why people call Windows "user friendly",
and Linux "not"....

Thanks,

-- Joe
# "This torch I bear is scorching me; Buffy's
   laughing, I've no doubt! I hope she fries,
   I'm free if that bitch dies... I'd better
   help her out." -- Spike, OMWF, BtVS

---