[ale] iptables...

Timothy Ball timball at tux.org
Thu Aug 30 14:47:48 EDT 2001

I need to filter some ports on my laptop... I don't know iptables...
(i'm not a networking guy). I've tried looking at the docs, but again
I'm not a networking guy.

there are my open ports...
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
25/tcp     open        smtp
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
113/tcp    open        auth
515/tcp    open        printer
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1026/tcp   open        nterm
6000/tcp   open        X11

I need ssh and sunrpc (for nfs which I'm gonna add latter), but I would
like to block all others. If anyone can get me started That'd Be Great
(tm)

TIA,
--timball

--