[ale] USB scanner and growing bald spot on my head

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Aug 27 12:37:03 EDT 2001

I have an Epson Perfection 610 scanner connected by USB to a dual boot
intel machine (Windows & RH7.1w/2.4.2?kernel). Windows runs the scanner
just nicely, but I would rather run under Linux. The scanner is picking
its nose under Linux, which just will not do at all.

I've hit the USB documentation in the kernel tree and various web sites in
search of the clue I haven't got. While I suspect the needed clue is in
the stuff I've read, I'm not seeing it. Anybody here have another spare
clue they can loan me?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry to be such a dunce. I'm pretty  sure it
is just something simple that I don't see.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca
Thompson Freeman          tfreeman at intel.digichem.net