[ale] WinMe and lilo: it works!

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Aug 22 11:09:47 EDT 2001

Jonathan Rickman wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Wandered Inn wrote:
>
> > Hah, I've done so with Suntrust, nothing's been done.  I've offered to
> > speak to the developers.  Suntrust is begging to be cracked.  Poor
> > password requirements, Guessable id/password requirements.  All you have
> > to do is enter invalid data, and the popups or info pages tell you
> > pretty much what you need.  It's truly pathetic.  I'll be changing
> > banks.  I've told them the same, no big deal....  They're too big.
> > Wachovia is certainly the same.
>
> Note: I am in no way affiliated with Suntrust, nor do I bank there. I'm
> not really defending them, just pointing out a few things...
>
> I have seen several Suntrust representatives at Security Seminars and the
> like lately. They are fully aware that they are not perfect and are taking
> steps to correct problems where they can. Unfortunately, they are like
> most large organizations...WAY WAY too many irons in the fire. 5-7 years
> from now, businesses that make security their #1 priority will be the only
> one's left in business. But now, businesses that make security their #1
> priority will be the first one's out of business. It's a delicate balance
> that's more difficult to achieve in a large orgnization.

Security for information is one thing.  If you really want to piss
someone off, screw with their money.

Whoever you see at the security seminars aren't getting the info back.
The primary issues I have with there web site are very basic security
issues.  Password length, password/id variations.  They don't have a
clue.  Oh, and the guy I talked to said that this effort is
outsourced....

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"I don't want a Microsoft Passport, and Microsoft can't have my wallet."