[ale] ftp upload mirror tool

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 00:17:42 EDT 2001

Well, the original requirement was for ftp protocol, and I couldn't
find anything out about rsync supporting it (although it does support
ssh). However, my need is very specific in that I only have ftp access
to the machines I was updating, rsync isn't even installed on the NT
and Solaris versions of those systems.  As it turns out, Trey DArley
gets the big cookie for suggesting lftp.  It by far is exactly what I
was looking for.  If anyone else is looking for an ftp based mirroring
tool, check out lftp.

Thanks Trey and everyone else who ventured an opinion on this.

-Jim P.