[ale] WinMe and lilo: it works!

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Aug 21 21:34:29 EDT 2001

Seems like I had asked the question several months ago about how Windows
Millennium Edition (WinMe) and the DOS-based LoadLin executable would react
when placed together. Well, just in case it wasn't obvious to anyone else,
I'm happy to report it's a moot point. Turns out my Red Hat Linux 7.1
install went ahead and made lilo boot on the master boot record (MBR). Both
RH 7.1 and WinMe boot just fine. Back in '98, there were some problems
associated with trying to write a lilo-based boot sector to replace the MBR
written by a FAT32-formatted Windows 98. Good thing I'm in the new
millennium. :)

Now if only I could fix Mozilla to read my online bank statement, thereby
reducing the number of reasons I have to still boot into Windows ...