[ale] X blows out in the middle of the night?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Aug 20 16:24:13 EDT 2001

  So I have a Debian box on my desk amongst all the redhat boxes.  I lock
my screen and go home at night, come in each morning and notice that at
some point durring the night "X" caught a Sig4 and died.  I've got  a
TNT2 (16Meg) in and running kernel 2.4.8.  I've been getting this behavior
for a couple of kernels though.  I've compiled in the AGP and DDR support
in the kernel also.

  There's nothing in the logfile as it got nuked when I started X this
morning.  I started X with "startx; date" today so hopefully I'll catch
a time it went down.  However my crontab is empty so I don't think
anything timebased is doing the kill.

Thoughts? (hopefully more details tomorrow)

  Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: