[ale] Telnet question

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Fri Aug 17 11:11:14 EDT 2001

Guys and Gals,

I have written a little sockets program that sets between a telnet client and a telnet server.  This allows me to do the following:

1. Snoop
2. Type
3. Lock telnet client input
4. Close connection to telnet client
5. Quit session

I want to add:

6.  Close socket to telnetd and open new socket to another server.  Telnet client does not drop but gets new login for new remote.

In theory this seems to work great from my little program.  But the new telnetd starts to neog the telnet option, it seems to hose the client that was connected to me.  Can I do something about this in my code without changing the telnet client or server?

Thanks,
Chris

Engineering Services Manager
Computone Corporation