[ale] Conundrum for the day: file resource limit problem

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Thu Aug 16 13:38:28 EDT 2001

To completely control the resources available to users, the line
would need to be included in all the files for those services
which are accessible.

It is also possible to use different limits.conf files for different
services.  For example, if you want special limits for ftp access,
you could create /etc/security/ftp-limits.conf, and then add the
following to /etc/pam.d/ftp:

session    required     /lib/security/pam_limits.so  \
                  conf=/etc/security/ftp-limits.conf

--Joe