[ale] Quick DSL hardware Q...

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 13 19:20:13 EDT 2001

Yell and scream to get the external dsl stuff. Specifically, ask for the
Alcatel Speed Touch Home "modem" and the 3com nic. It is no problem after
that. You might need to get setup with pppoe (I'm bridged, i.e. knows the
mac address of the nic), but that is no big problem. Roaring penguin pppoe
is easy and reliable. The speed touch can be set up to use pppoe and
connect automatically (according to the manual, not tested).