[ale] CodeRed Popups?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Aug 13 12:05:05 EDT 2001

  Yes I'm getting scanned by CodeRed, surprise surprise.  As a thought
since I, to a degree, understand the ethics of the "can't shut their
server down with the backdoor" argument,  how about putting up an html
page that issues a single "popup" window with big Flashing letters that
says "You have been infected."...

  Not 500 pages, but if a server scans my box, just throws up a single
message that they've been infected and lets them go their merry way.

  This for alot of headless machines won't do squat, but for those people
running it at home on cablemodems and the like could even throw in a link
to the patch.

  Based on the url it's scanning for and the nature of the servers, is
this even possible?  Anyone have any code that'll do this?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: