[ale] Re: 486 laptop continues...

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Aug 8 22:11:33 EDT 2001

Wandered Inn wrote:

> Okay, slack crapped out on me, so I'm on to a Debian install. I've got
> to the point where I'm trying to mount the nfs share.  I'm getting an
> error 'invalid argument' when attempting to mount the share as follows:
>
> mount -t nfs NFS_IP_ADDR:/share/debian/d1

Well, after doing a bit more research, it appears there was an nfs bug
in the 2.2.19 kernel, which is what potato is using.  I've since
resorted to an http install from my local box, so it should be as fast.
It's cooking now, I'll post once I've burned it to a crisp.

This is getting fun....

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein