[ale] Meeting directions web page

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Wed Aug 8 11:10:09 EDT 2001

With lat./long. coordinates given to the nearest thousandth of a
minute, I think that pinpoints the meeting place to somewhere within
a 3 or 4 foot radius.  I doubt the change in floor elevation within
that area is worth considering (in terms of people getting lost).
A single Z coordinate should suffice.

Probably of greater importance is knowing which geodetic datum was
used as a reference for the coordinates given (guessing incorrectly
might throw off the position by as much as a hundred or more yards).

--Joe