[ale] Code Red II!!! Disregard previous reply!!!

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Tue Aug 7 08:57:26 EDT 2001

I think you are correct. Microsoft reported that the patches to correct the
vulnerability in Index Server was downloaded over 1 million times since June 18,
2001. Seeing that you have to wonder if there is any other objective by future
attacks other than to absorb bandwidth.

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS Total Debt Management
Phone 770-409-5570
Fax      770-416-1752

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Randolph C.  |
|        |          Karrh"        |
|        |          <randy at NewRive|
|        |          rplt.com>     |
|        |                        |
|        |          08/07/01 08:55|
|        |          AM            |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |      To:     Chris Ness <mness215 at mediaone.net>        |
  |      cc:     SAngell, ale at ale.org                      |
  |      Subject:     Re: [ale] Code Red II!!! Disregard   |
  |       previous reply!!!                                |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

Ale'rs

I think that the main idea behind code red is not actually to
really cause problems with M$ servers, but maybe our bandwidth. Because
I'm getting hits from everywhere too.

Randy

--
Randolph C. Karrh Jr.   "May the world work for you and not against you!"

Concepts2020.com
P.O. Box 2124                   office   843.684.3874
Savannah Ga. 31402              fax      843.784.6232