[ale] linux on a 486

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Aug 6 09:21:07 EDT 2001

Trey Darley wrote:

> Dude. He just got done saying he TRIED Slackware. Better grab that
> second cup of coffee. ;-)

Yeah, true.  What I tried to do was to add enough swap to compensate for
the lack of memory.  I'm going through the same process again, this time
adding an even larger swap.  It appears that my last failure could have
been attributed to problems with the network card though.  When I
attempted to setup my nfs network connection, I received errors.  I shut
the box down, tried to reseat the nic, rebooted and I'm cooking again.

I'll post my success or failure once I get there. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein