[ale] cdrw

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Sun Aug 5 23:50:03 EDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 08:35:13PM -0700, Stephen Turner wrote:
> no no no no no you dont understand :P i have 7.0 thats
> what im running right now! i am getting something
> else... i know rh 7.0 has a billion security holes and
> thats why i need the iso writeing software so i can
> convert my newly downloaded more secure linux
> distrobution (NOT REDHAT!)  into a installation cd :)
> i am gonna look on my system for cdrecord when i get
> my lazy butt out of video games but that might take a
> while :)

	Oh!  Sorry!  My misunderstanding.  :-)

	Actually, RedHat 7.1 isn't too bad and I'm just now downloading
the ISO images for 7.2 Beta (Roswell).  RedHat is learning and is no
longer in the back of the pack.  Ok...  They aren't in the front either.
Engarde is promising, but seems to have a bit of a learning curve if
the mailing list is any indication.  I would not use Engarde for a
desktop, but it would make a good server or firewall.  Slackware has
taken a couple of nasty hits (one of which I delivered a couple of
years ago) and my main complaint is that their security updates seem
to be way too quiet.  Any distro you pick, you will need to stay up on
the security updates.

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/