icom pcr-1000 question (was Re: [ale] packet radio question)

John Mills john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 3 09:30:17 EDT 2001

Hello -

Semi-OT, but perhaps some readers have helpful pointers.

I have an icom pcr-1000 communications receiver - controlled by serial RS-232C from a PC. I have the MSWin drivers, of course, and minimal C-code to drive some of the receiver's functions. I would like a fuller interface for Linux.

This receiver was admirably served by the 'Java Radio' project, but in order to qualify for that source code I need to offer my receiver on a server. At the moment I can't do that, and am a bit concerned from the security viewpoint in any case, as I would need to administer a web server to do this. Yeah, I'm chicken.

Can anyone suggest good driver code for this model? GUI nice, but not required.

TIA.

Regards,
 John Mills