[ale] Daylight savings

Silberman, Malcolm (BHR) Malcolm.Silberman at BassHotels.com
Tue Oct 31 08:33:21 EST 2000

I am trying to understand the how and why of Linux, timezones and daylight
savings. This is for Red-Hat/Mandrax in particular. I noticed yesterday that
my one Linux box did not update automatically, and was an hour ahead. How do
I get Linux to update correctly and automatically, and second I have read
about rdate and other such utilities, how do they work and what is
recommended. (where do I find a server to obtain the time from).

Thanks