[ale] Recording tv shows via computer

Jeb W Barger jeb_barger at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 21:04:51 EDT 2000

hey, I forget who ask about making their pc into a vcr
to record Babylon 5, I think.  Anyway, some guys at
work found something that should, however I don't know
if there is a linux port for it.  It only lists
windows versions, but there may be one...

PureDiva:    Software only bundled with complete
             PC's.  http://www.purediva.com
Ligos:       Windows based PTV.

http://www.ligos.com/news/pr_timeshift.html
PowerVCR:    Windows based VCR.
http://www.cyberlink.com.tw/english/products/powervcr2/
powervcr2.asp
WinVCR:      Windows based VCR.
http://www.cinax.com/Products/winvcr.html
SnapStream:  Windows based PTV (freeware and
commercial version). http://www.snapstream.com
ShowShifter: Windows based PTV (freeware).
http://www.showshifter.com

Sorry about the formating.  These programs make a pc
into a tivo like device...Hope this helps