[ale] Mounting NTFS

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Oct 25 14:19:50 EDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 01:18:55PM -0400, frost33 at mindspring.com wrote:
> Send complaints to mindspring.  I'm using their web-based pop email.

Ew.  Webmail sux0rs.  :)

> >I think the write problems stem from the NTFS security model not >quite
> >mapping to the Unix model.
>
> How about NT?  Same problems?

Write support is "highly experimental" on NTFS4 partitions.  So my advice
is to turn it on, and give it a shot.. but make sure the stuff on there is
replaceable -- write something, boot into NT and chkdsk it.  rinse, wash,
repeat.  If you're condifent after a little while, good luck.  :)

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                        pizza at cc.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(404)294-6978
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...