[ale] RedHat 7.0

Gary S. Mackay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Fri Oct 20 08:35:14 EDT 2000

<two cents>
Without starting holy wars, I agree wholeheartedly. The first linux disc given
to me was a RedHat 5.0 cd. What a mess. I almost didn't get into linux because
that version was such a joke. I didn't know much about unix period so when
things didn't work, I presumed it was something I was doing wrong. After hours
of frustration and web searching, I found out it wasn't me (most of the time)
after all! This 7.0 version is even worse than the 5.0 joke. What a shame! I
have divorced myself from M$ as much as possible, (work still requires
some...) and love the whole linux concept. I only install linux at my clients
now, unless they force me otherwise.
	What I'm saying is how many others were not as persistant as I was and just
gave up? Not what the linux community needs at all.
</two cents>

- Gary