[ale] wu-ftp does not work on RedHat 6.2

Martin Nichols mnichol at webentrada.com
Wed Oct 18 10:32:28 EDT 2000

We recently installed wu-ftp on our RedHat 6.2 server. The version of wu-ftp is
2.6.1 and was installed from a tar package. The problem we are having is When
we try to ftp to the server from inside our network it asks for the users
password then returns a message that states login incorrect, could not open
host (host name) user name and/or password was not accepted for login. We have
tried this with various good users and ftp rejects them all. We can ssh to that
server with the same user name and passwords and have no problem. The ftpaccess
file is set for [class  all  real,guest,anonymous *]

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Marty