[ale] micro ATX cases

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 17 16:17:00 EDT 2000

I've finally gotten tired of using desk space for my computers. The only thing
that should be on my desk is my moniter, keyboard and trackball/mouse.  So I'm
looking at 2 solutions (other than the obvious get over it solution): This is
especially true for my Windows 98 machine which I only use for gaming so I
rare need to get to the floppy or cdrom.

1) I'm trying to find micro ATX cases that only have one visible 5.25 and 3.5
bay. More importantly, that are a max of 13" high. I can put them on my
improvised rack with no problem but the standard mid-sized ATX casese are just
too tall. Since this is for a gaming machine, it won't need anything in it
other than a floppy, cdrom, and hard drive. any more bays would be unusued and
wasted. Space is more important than price to a point.  I'm willing to pay as
much as $50 for the case since that's how much i can get it mailorder without
shipping.

2) I've got a 19" rack of sorts available to me so I'm looking a U-form factor
cases. However, these cases seem to be very expensive and usually not stocked.
Is it possible to get a U mount ATX case in an Atlanta for $150 or less?  I'll
also be looking at getting a decent KVM switch with on-screen switching and
such.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Vernard