[ale] deb and rpm

michael d. ivey ivey at gweezlebur.com
Mon Oct 16 11:01:42 EDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 10:46:17AM -0400, Yu, Jerry wrote:
> just curious, what prevent deb to use the blessing of GnuPG?
>

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, michael d. ivey wrote:
>
> #For a better breakdown, see
> #http://www.kitenet.net/~joey/pkg-comp/
> #
> #rpm supports pgp signed packages, deb does not

Really it's a Debian policy issue.  Package signing will be done at a
higher level than the package level.

Actually, IIRC, rpm files don't support PGP either...the rpm _tool_ can
handle signed packages.  Eventually, apt/dselect will have signed package
support, too.

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "I think I went mad then."
   <ivey at gweezlebur.com>     :              -- H. P. Lovecraft, 'Dagon'

 PGP signature