[ale] Re: string.

Alexander Barton abarton at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 6 23:39:47 EDT 2000

Phrostie wrote:

> now for the problem.
> the IT guy's have striped our workstations down so that i don't even have
> access to a compiler (or anything else that the cad applications do not directly
> require).  is it possible to lie to my linux box and compile it at home for AIX?
>
> --  phrostie at nownetworks.com

I've never done it, but, in theory, you can build gcc as a cross
compiler for AIX on your Linux box at home.  I suspect that this is a
non-trivial exercise, though.

I always make it a point to be extra nice to my IT folks.  I always wind
up needing favors from them.  Like installing several megs of AIX gcc
binaries in my home directory.

--
Alexander Barton         "...Unix doesn't have a monopoly on good ideas,
abarton at mindspring.com    it just owns most of them." -Alan Cox