[ale] OT: Looking for good theme for network names

Paul Kinsley paul at biomechanics-inc.com
Mon Oct 2 15:53:16 EDT 2000

> > This is just a little off topic here because I'm looking for a good naming
> > scheme for a network comprised largely of Linux machines.  I'm hoping to
> > find
> > something out of literature but not too heavy (I remember the story of the
> > four laser printers of the apocalypse).  Currently I have a hodge-podge
> and
> > am
> > in the process of a major clean up so it seems an apt time to re-address
> and
> > rename the machines.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chuck

It depends on what systems are linux and which systems are M$

For linux:

Violin
Cello
Piano
Harp
Flute
Harmony
Melody

For NT:

Disaster
war
mayhem
strife
battle
skirmish
dustup
global (thermonuclear war)
chaos
wrestle
havoc

Or even better!

Have great fun when a manager asks why his machine is named Ebola!

--
Paul Kinsley
Senior Systems Engineer