[ale] Mainly Linux but a smidgen MS

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 21 08:54:16 EST 2000

> I just bought a copy of vmware at the ALS, then caught an article abour
> a similar product called plex86 on slashdot.  Here are the links to the
> slashdot article as well as plex86.

Something to keep in mind is that Plex86 can now boot Win95 but there is no
evidence that is can boot Win95, WinNT, or Win2K. Also, VMware will also run
under Windows platforms and let you run Linux as the guest OS. While this may
seem strange, if you work in a Windows shop, its a great way to have linux
without disturbing the existing infrastructure.

just some thoughts

-V