[ale] Perl, Linux and MS SQL

Bryan Mattern bmattern at buytrek.com
Wed Jun 28 14:33:57 EDT 2000

Randy,

Take a look at FreeTDS.org.  They will enable you to do what you are talking
about, and have Perl hooks.  Their documentation is great and you should
have no trouble getting it installed.  Much faster than ODBC, too.  I have
used it with PHP3, though have had problems w/PHP4.  If anyone knows why, I
would love to know.  I think the problem lies with the sybase interface in
PHP4.

--Bryan

Bryan Mattern
DataPace, Inc.