[ale] wrong processor detected

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jun 27 00:10:48 EDT 2000

I'm having a bit of an unusual problem.  I've got a laptop that's a PII
366.  I've noticed it has been quite sluggish lately.  Checking out the
bogomips values and the processor speed identified in the logs, it
appears this machine has slowed down dramatically.  Question is, why
does the kernel determine the wrong processor?

>From 5/30 up to 6/20 at 21:21:25 the processor detected was consistenly

336 something, following a reboot on 6/20 at 21:36 the last 23 reboots
the detected processor drops to 165-194, but mostly around the 165
range.  Anyone else seen this bizarre behavior?  Running Mandrake 7.1.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation