[ale] Debian files

michael d. ivey ivey at gweezlebur.com
Mon Jun 26 09:49:35 EDT 2000

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 08:43:27PM -0700, Neo Valdez wrote:
> What and where are the files that are needed to install debian(frozen) from
> disk? Any help is appreciated 8-)

go here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/potato_pre.html

you need a decent net connection and a CD burner.

you MAY be able to use the disks from the frozen (potato) release to
get up and running, as explained on http://cdimage.debian.org/ch211.html
(which is slink specific)

another method: install slink, and then upgrade to potato.  slink CDs
should be easy to find.

finally, if you're really desperate, and nothing else will work, you
may be able to convince me to burn a potato CD for you...email me off
list, and i'll see what i can do.

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "Why for you bury me in the cold,
   <ivey at gweezlebur.com>     : cold ground?"

 PGP signature