[ale] replace hard drive and video card

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jun 15 13:43:42 EDT 2000

I just replaced the hard drive and video card in a fully functional
system.  The hard drive came from my current linux box and had lilo
installed in the mbr.  I put it in my daughter's box and was going to
create a dual boot linux/win95 machine.  Problem is, whenever the
machine is off and boots, it can't find the hard drive.  If I reboot it,
it then does.

Could this be related to LILO?  I've removed it with the fdisk /mbr
win95 command and I don't ever see a LILO prompt.

Anyone have any ideas?  Both this machine and this drive were working
fine before they came together.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation