[ale] Format C in linux

smn smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Fri Jun 2 15:16:55 EDT 2000

Usually, fdisk /mbr will return the DOS mbr (master boot record) to
normal.  Then you can create partitions for Win and linux.  Once You get
windoze installed, install linux with the lilo on the mbr.  Most linux
install programs will recognize the windows is on another partition and
configure lilo appropriately.

Good luck.

- Scott

Roy Nix wrote:

> It seems my son installed Linux without partitioning and lost Windows 98.
> Can anyone tell us how format the hard drive from Linux so we can install 98
> again and then re-install Linux on a partition.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roy
>
> Nix On Time Printing
> & Prntix.com The Printer's Idea Exchange
> 4405 Armour Road
> Columbus, Georgia 31904 - (706) 324-6862 Fax (706) 596-9020
> Adobe - Corel - Publisher Authorized Service Bureau
> Roy at prntix.com
> "When Lombardi said 'sit down' we didn't look for a chair." - Forrest Gregg
> http://www.nixontimeprinting.com
> http://www.prntix.com

Never do Windows again with  |  Scott M. Nolde
Linux!  No streaks, haze or  |  smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
glaze!                       |
3:10pm up 6 min, 1 user, load average: 1.20, 0.97, 0.45