[ale] Red Hat 6.1 Hard Drive always accessing

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jul 18 08:43:45 EDT 2000

Douglas Knudsen wrote:

> Are you sure it is running?  I have a similar problem with one of my
> harddrives.  The red access LED light stays on constantly.  I can't figure it
> out.  I pull the drive and put a different one in and the problem goes away, so
> I am convinced it is the HD not the IDE device, but thats it.

It could be that you have your hd led hooked up backwards, which in this
case, it may very well stay on literally all the time.  If it does any
flickering, that is off at all, this is not the problem.  If however, it
stays on from the time you boot, then try reversing your hd led
connection.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation