[ale] Job----Job----Job

Blake Sorensen bsorensen at pharsalia.com
Thu Aug 31 08:20:55 EDT 2000

Hey Folks,

	We are looking for people to work as developers (using C), Quality
Assurance (using Java), and Customer Support (less programming, but
technical understanding required).  I know, I know, 'What doe sthis have
to do with Linux?', you ask. I'm so glad you asked - Linux is our
development platform - a knowledge of the Gnu development tools is very
helpful (but not absolutely neccessary).

We need co-ops and full-time people.

If you're interested in working for a fun company (we have a ping-pong
table, widescreen TV/DVD/satellite, dart alley, free (as in beer) beer,
etc), send me a resume. My phone number and email address are below -
interested folks are free to contact me with questions.
It's a unique position - we are maintaining an independent, startup feel
while having the stability and backing of a major corporation (Nortel).
I've attached the official blurb below.

Don't hold our website against us, please. The only useful info there
are directions to the office.

<----------------------------------->
We are currently seeking Computer Science or Computer/Electrical
engineering undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in a
co-op or intern type position in
software development. We are also hiring for several full time positions
in the software development and QA areas.

Based in Roswell, Georgia, Pharsalia Technologies was founded in
December of 1999, and is an emerging company developing network
infrastructure products for the Internet market.  Our mission is to
provide unique solutions that enable Internet-based companies to deliver
better services to their customers and to efficiently scale their web
operations.  Led by a seasoned team of over 28 engineers, Pharsalia has
focused on developing software products for the rapidly escalating
content delivery market.  The company is headed by Chip Howes whose team
is the inventor of record for over 21 patents in the area of TCP/IP
server load balancing and are credited with the invention of the
technology in 1996.

In July of 2000, Pharsalia Technologies was acquired by Alteon
Websystems of San Jose, CA.  Subsequently, Alteon is now being acquired
by Nortel
Networks.

Thanks,
--