[ale] Apache redirects

John Hyland john.hyland at zapmedia.com
Sat Aug 26 01:05:32 EDT 2000

Sure.  Use the ServerAlias directive inside the <VirtualHost x.x.x.x> of the
new domain name.

e.g.

    <VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
        ServerName new.otherserver.com
        ServerAlias old.server.com
    </VirtualHost>

It only works with name-based virtual domains, though.  If you're using
ip-based (or no) virtual domains, you can use the Redirect directive instead.

e.g.

    Redirect permanent / http://new.otherserver.com/

I'd use ServerAlias if you can, though.

The docs for ServerAlias are at