[ale] Oddness from gcc and configure

Beeland, Jason beeland.j at ems-t.com
Thu Aug 24 11:04:59 EDT 2000

thanks, that worked great.  :-)

Jason Beeland

-----Original Message-----
From: Fulton Green [mailto:ale at FultonGreen.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 10:56 AM
To: Beeland, Jason
Cc: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] Oddness from gcc and configure

Taking a stab in the dark here (OW! that hurt :) ...

The key here is that it's in /usr/local/lib and therefore probably not in a
directory that the executable expects to find it in. There might be an
environment variable you can set (LDLIBRARYPATH, maybe?). But I usually just
resort to:

ln -s /usr/local/lib/mylib.so.0 /lib/mylib.so.0

and so forth until I quit seeing error messages. OK, until I quit seeing
*showstopping* error msgs. :)