[ale] kpppload vs netscape

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 21 20:46:31 EDT 2000

In my experience, load monitor apps--almost any of them--are more
reliable than Netscape as an indicator of download speed. Netscape
frequently locks onto one speed and doesn't change even though the
download speed is shifting up and down like crazy. At any rate, there is
definitely nothing to be concerned about.