[ale] Mailing from Shell Script

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Mon Aug 21 16:42:17 EDT 2000

I still have this problem about the mail server relay, though.  Michael's
sendmail solution seems as though I could conceivably configure sendmail to
send to the mail server.  At least in pine, I can and have successfully set
the value of smtp-server to the correct IP address.  For the mail and mailx
solutions (this machine doesn't have mailx but I suppose I could install
it), I'm not aware of any similar provision.  Can you either help me adapt
pine for script use or tell me how to specify a mail server to use for the
sendmail, mail, or mailx solutions?

- Jeff