[ale] lprng remote?

Bryan Veal veal at uga.edu
Mon Aug 21 00:09:55 EDT 2000

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 09:33:55PM -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Ok,
>   I have lprng working happily on my print server for that machine only.
> I'm trying to print from a remote host though, but when I do an "lpq"
> from that machine, I get:

By your mail headers it appears this is a Debian system.  Debian puts
the lprng config files in /etc/lprng.  In particular,
/etc/lprng/lpd.perms is where print server permissions are set up.

A simple example:

DEFAULT ACCEPT
REJECT SERVICE=X NOT REMOTEIP=208.36.0.0/255.254.0.0
# Accepts connections, spooling, printing, lpq, lprm, lpc by default,
# rejects connections from anyone outside your subnet.

--
Bryan Veal, Web Programmer and Content Provider
Warnell School of Forest Resources, The University of Georgia