[ale] Who repairs PalmPilots?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Aug 15 23:07:40 EDT 2000

"David S. Jackson" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I was putting a PalmPilot Personal back together, I
> accidentally cracked the glass display.  (Damn!)  I was trying to
> clean off the contacts that were covered in minerals after
> getting soaked in a rainstorm.  No luck on that count, either.
>
> Is there anyone locally who can fix such an antique locally, or
> should I figure on sending it off some where?  And can anyone
> recommend a good place to send it off to if no one can handle it
> locally?

I cracked the glass on my Palm pro a while back.  Cost $100 to get it
replaced by Palm.  The biggest problem was that they send you a
refurbished model.  The first died within a week.  The second died
within 3 days.   The third was a brand new palm III, following quite a
bit of LOUD discussion with these folks.  I'd be wary of 'refurbished'
models from Palm.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation