[ale] pcAnywhere through an ipchains firewall

Jeremy T. Bouse undrgrid at toons.UnderGrid.net
Wed Aug 9 22:13:14 EDT 2000

Gary,
	This almost sounds like you actually have two obsticales to overcome,
the first being the fact it'll be behind a firewall and the second being
the fact there will be masqurading being done for the Private IPs to Public
IPs... In this situation gettin around the first would be relatively simple
as you could monitor a PcAnywhere connection and see what ports it requires
and then ensure they're open enuf for those that need to get in...
	I see the second item to be a lil bit more of a hurdle... It's been
awhile since I've used PcAnywhere so I may not be up to date with it's
feature set but it seems more like you'll need some kind of VPN client
to let them through the network firewall first and then get PcAnywhere to
connect to the server via it's private IP through the VPN tunnel... I'm
aware of several possibilities that could handle this if you would be
interrest'd in them... I've work'd with all of the products personally so
I know they could handle the VPN issue and then PcAnywhere really doesn't
become a problem... Some of them are hardware solutions and others are
purely software...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	President/CEO