[ale] NFS error...

Joe Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 9 12:30:59 EDT 2000

It just occurred to me that the contents of /etc/hosts.allow
and /etc/hosts.deny might cause connections to be refused, as well.
So make sure those are reasonable. (Hmm, but I seem to remember
that if hosts security is the problem, you get an explicit
"permission denied" response, not a connection refusal. Oh well,
couldn't hurt to check.)

What shows up in the syslog file on the server during a
mount attempt?

You can get more info by running portmap and mountd
in debug mode:

rpc.portmap -v
rpc.mountd -d

-- Joe

--
*** Joseph Knapka ***
In any formula, constants (especially those obtained from handbooks)