[ale] Insolence of those asking for FREE help on public lists

Jeremy T. Bouse undrgrid at toons.UnderGrid.net
Wed Aug 9 10:13:51 EDT 2000

	In the many years I've been working with Linux as a beginning newbie
and throughout the years of learning and in turn helping people freely as I
had been helped I find it terribly disturbing that there is still a high
number of people that don't understand Linux yet know enough to find the
mailing lists to seek help yet show complete and utter insolence to any help
they receive by replies like "your advise is not worth anything over here"
when they obviously had a problem which prompted a posting to a public list
and advice was freely given...
	I've even seen this response from other interactions during face to
face encounters where they ask someone they think has more knowledge and
insight into a problem but once you assist them they suddenly have this vast
knowledge and discount anything you say on the matter... What is it that makes
people behave this way I don't know... And probably never will... I guess
that's just how some people choose to live their lives...

--
| Jeremy T. Bouse  -  UnderGrid Network Services, LLC  -   www.UnderGrid.net  |

 PGP signature