[ale] BellSouth ADSL Experiences

joshy joshy at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 8 10:30:03 EDT 2000

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing frequent connection
loss with BellSouth's ADSL connections.  I have an Alcatel ADSL modem
connected to a Linksys router. Everynow and then the connection goes down
and the only thing that will bring it back up is to reboot the
router. Previously I had the ADSL going directly into my
workstation. Every now and then I would have to restart
networking.  Before then I had the ADSL going into and old 486 with 2 NIC
cards. Again, I would have to restart networking every now and then to get
the connection working again.  Sometimes I have to restart it twice a day
and sometimes it goes for weeks without problems.  Has anyone else had
experiences like this?  I'm using a Linksys 4 port CableModem/ADSL router
and an Alcatel 1000 ADSL modem.

thanks,
- joshy

--