[ale] Need help with Apache secure server

Roy Nix roy at prntix.com
Tue Aug 8 10:38:05 EDT 2000

> step by step how-to (with openssl/apache/mod_ssl) is actually detailed on
> Verisign's site at
> http://www.verisign.com/cus/srv/csr/modssl/v00.html
>
> Good luck.

This thread has been very timely for me as I'm in the process of setting up
a secure server so we can handle credit cards also.

At this point I have a PC and I'm ready to go. I have 2 NIC's and intend to
set one up as a router. I have Mandrake 6.5 and realize I need Red Hat
Secure Server.

I'm a newbie and have never done an install. I have expert help, but they
have other jobs and can't always be around to hold my hand when I have time
to work on this project. I would like to learn more so I can do more.

Can someone give me a simple step by step of what additional software I need
and where to find it?

I'm an old dude just learning this stuff and I've got CRS too, so I need all
the help I can get.

Thanks

Roy Nix

Nix On Time Printing
& Prntix.com The Printer's Idea Exchange
4405 Armour Road
Columbus, Georgia 31904 - (706) 324-6862 Fax (706) 596-9020
Adobe - Corel - Publisher Authorized Service Bureau
Roy at prntix.com
"When Lombardi said 'sit down' we didn't look for a chair." - Forrest Gregg
http://www.nixontimeprinting.com
http://www.prntix.com